• BHSTV Daily News 10/12/18 is up now

• Varsity Football plays Tonganoxie at 7 p.m. today @ Tonganoxie High School

• The Junior Varsity and Varsity Boys Soccer game has been moved to 10 a.m. on Saturday.

Picking your perfect tree

Alaina Flory, BHS Journalism

The holiday season is here! You know what that means, a flood of decorations, presents, food, family, and holiday spirit. Christmas trees are the centerpiece of all Christmas decorations! You could always get a fake tree that is the same every year, or you could get a unique, live tree. There is a very wide variety of Christmas Tree options available in stores and tree farms all around the country. But with all of these options, you have to make a decision on what type of tree is best for you and your family.

The Fraser Fir has strong branches that turn slightly upward which are ideal for heavy ornaments. This fir tree has a dark blue-green color and excellent needle-retention, which means less cleanup for you. It also has a pleasant, fresh scent that smells like the holidays.

The White Spruce is a blue-green or green color with dense, full foliage. It has short, stiff needles that have a blunt tip, which are great for holding ornaments. The White Spruce has better needle-retention than other spruces though the needles let off a bad aroma when crushed.

The Douglas Fir is one of the top major Christmas tree species in the U.S.. It is a dark green to blue-green color with soft needles that are around one inch long. Douglas Fir needles radiate in all directions from the branch and have a sweet fragrance when they are crushed. The needles are also very long-lasting.

The Balsam Fir has a dark green color and a pyramidal shape. This tree lasts for a long time and has a strong Christmas tree scent that will last through the holiday season.

The Scotch Pine is a common Christmas tree in the U.S.. It has an excellent survival rate and will remain fresh throughout the Christmas season. This pine has a bright green color, a conical shape, and needles that don’t fall even when they are dry. The branches are stiff and sturdy which are good for supporting heavy ornaments.

The Noble Fir is a Christmas tree that is known for its beauty. It has a long keepability and pleasing aroma. Its stiff branches are good for heavy ornaments and the branches are oftenly used for wreaths and garland too.

So, with all of these great options for a unique Christmas tree of your very own, why would you want to get a fake one?

http://www.realchristmastrees.org/dnn/All-About-Trees/Tree-Characteristics

http://www.homedepot.com/c/types_of_real_christmas_trees

• Picking your perfect tree

Humans of BHS

Humans of BHS: Jana Landreth

• Picking your perfect tree

Showcase

New head coaches take over for Bulldog teams

• Picking your perfect tree

News

New teachers join staff at BHS

• Picking your perfect tree

News

BGA defends use of local golf course

• Picking your perfect tree

News

BHS implements new weighted grades system

• Picking your perfect tree

A&E

Choir to host ‘Hope, Happiness, Resilience’ concert

• Picking your perfect tree

News

“Bulldog Nation” shirts promote mental health awareness

• Picking your perfect tree

Features

Horse shows keep BHS freshman busy

• Picking your perfect tree

Humans of BHS

Humans of BHS: Addy Trendel

• Picking your perfect tree

Humans of BHS

Humans of BHS: Olivia Stour

Picking your perfect tree