• The last day of school is Wednesday, May 16.

Seniors taking their sports career to the next level

Seniors taking their sports career to next level

Ian McCoy

BHS Journalism

This year held a mix of sport signings for the 2017-18 year Seniors this year are looking forward to competing at the next level. The Bulldogs signing include Luke Laskowski, Parker Wilson, Olivia Wilcox, Betsy Parmley, Sieana Hall and Jake Schrock.

Laskowski had a sport signing with Benedictine College for football. Laskowski had a total of 28 touchdowns during last season, both passing and rushing.

“I worked really hard this season,” Laskowski said. “I felt like I progressed as a quarterback and this season helped me get to the next level to sign at Benedictine.”

Borth signed with William Jewell College for football to take his talents into a new division. Borth had a total of 4 sacks and also averaged 18.3 receiving yards per game as a tight end.

“I feel like last season went really well,” Borth said. “I’m really excited.”

Wilson signed with Baker University for Track and Cross Country. Wilson placed 6th at the 4A State Cross Country Championships.

“I think that going to the next level will help me get more involved in running and i’m excited for running for Baker,” Wilson said. “I put in a lot of work and just kept striving to do better and lower my times.”

Parmley signed with Barton County Community College for softball. Parmley had a total of 14 runs and 20 singles last season.

“I’m super excited to play in college,” Parmely said. “I don’t think I am going to miss playing high school ball. Bigger and better opportunities present themselves in college.”

Wilcox is signing for Allen Community College for softball. Wilcox had a total of 11 runs and 4 singles last season.

“Last season was definitely hard for me, I played a different position that I don’t normally play,” Wilcox said. “However, I enjoyed trying something new and the team had a pretty good season.”

Hall committed to Washburn University for softball. Hall led the team with 9 triples, 3 home runs and 25 runs in the last season.

“I am super excited to go play college ball, and to experience a new level of the game I have been playing for as long as I could remember,” Hall said. “I believe my senior year will be the best yet, I have a great group of girls playing alongside me and we all put so much effort into the game that I couldn’t expect it to be anything other than great.”

Schrock signed for Highland Community College for baseball. Last year’s baseball team had an overall record of 9-11 and 5-5 at home.

“Yeah, I am very excited to play in college, I’m excited to meet new people and see what the competition is like,” Schrock said. “So far has been really fun, all of us guys have a good connections and friendships. I’m excited to see what we can do as a team.”

Activities Director Gary Stevanus is excited for his seniors to exceed a new division.

“I think our seniors have a good skill set to prepare them for the next level,” Stevanus said.

• Seniors taking their sports career to the next level

News

BHS Journalists Compete in State Competition

• Showcase

PE teacher, girls coach Susie Martin retiring after long tenure at BHS

Showcase

Martin longtime coaching career leads to basketball championship

Features

New literary arts magazine released at BHS

News

12 years of school and it’s all down to this

News

Tech school another great option for seniors

Features

Trivia becomes fun tradition for BHS staff, students

Features

Spring sports competing hard midway in season

Featured Sports Story Carousel

Ogle selected as Player of the Year

Features

Four BHS students travel to San Francisco for Journalism