Shoemaker, Harris participants of 21st Annual Metro Classic

After two state championships and an impressive 160-18 record in his high school career, senior Bryce Shoemaker still has one more match in the 21st Annual Metro Classic at Kansas City Community College

The senior all-star dual pits a team of wrestlers from the Kansas side of the Kansas City metropolitan area and a team of wrestlers from the Missouri side against each other for a extremely competitive and talented matchup between Kansas and Missouri wrestlers.

Baldwin wrestlers are 3-3 in the historical dual, with recent wins coming last year from BHS State Champions Andrew Morgan over Lee’s Summit North’s Will Thomas and Colton Bonner over Dany Klick from William Chrisman. Kansas won by a single point last year 26-25, but Missouri leads the all-time record 12-8 overall and 155-133 in single matches.

Shoemaker will face-off in the 132 lbs. weight class against Oak Grove’s Anthony Barker, a Missouri state champion. Oak Grove is a regualr participant in the Metro Classic, and is 18-10 in the event, overall.

Shoemaker is accompanied by coach Kit Harris, who is the head coach and one of four coaches on the Kansas team. The 2013 Metro Classic starts at 6:30 p.m. at Kansas City Community College.