BULLDOG UPDATES: Bulldogs fall to Panthers 41-33 in Sub-State Final

• Date: 8:00 p.m. Mar. 2 at Ottawa (Sub-State)
  • Opponent: Paola
  • Result: 41-33 Paola
  • Highlights: The Bulldogs fell short to the top-seeded Panthers for the third time this year. Junior Katie Jones had 15 assist while sophomore Maddie Ogle had 12 points. The Bulldogs rally was cut short in the fourth quarter after being 12 down after the third quarter.
  • Final Record: 14-8
  • Date: 7:30 p.m. Mar. 1 at Ottawa
  • Opponent: Ottawa
  • Result: 47-43 Baldwin
  • Highlights: The Bulldogs came up with a big win against the Cyclones in Ottawa. Junior Katie Jones had 24 points in the Bulldogs victory.
  • Record: 14-7

• Date: 4:30 p.m. Feb. 27 at Ottawa (Sub-State)
  • Opponent: Eudora
  • Result: 41-27 Baldwin
  • Highlights: The Bulldogs cleared the first round of sub-state defeating the Cardinals 41-27. Senior Kailyn Smith led the team with 14 points as the Bulldogs rolled over the Cardinals.
  • Record: 13-7

• Date: 6 p.m. Feb. 21 at De Soto
  • Opponent: De Soto
  • Result: Cancelled-Weather
  • Record: 12-7
  • Date: 6 p.m. Feb 19 at Spring Hill
  • Opponent: Spring Hill
  • Result: 54-51 Spring Hill
  • Highlights: Junior Katie Jones  20 points for the Bulldogs wasn’t enough to get the Bulldogs the victory. The Bulldogs outscored Spring Hill 18-12 in the fourth quarter, but couldn’t recover from the Broncos 22-13 run in the third quarter.
  • Record: 12-7
  • Date: 6 p.m. Feb 15
  • Opponent: Ottawa
  • Result: 35-33 Baldwin
  • Highlights: The Bulldogs rescued their season by beating Ottawa 35-33 in overtime in front of a full crowd. Kailyn Smith had timely 3 point FG in the fourth quarter to close the gap between the Cyclones. Smith sank a free throw to send the game to overtime where the Bulldogs outscored the Cyclones 7-5 in OT to give the Bulldogs the victory on Senior Night.
  • Record: 12-6
  • Next Up: 6 p.m. Feb. 19 at Spring Hill

• Date: 6 p.m. Feb. 12 at Louisburg
  • Opponent: Louisburg
  • Result: 47-40 Louisburg
  • Highlights: The Bulldogs extended their losing streak to three games, losing to the Wildcats 47-40. The Bulldogs must beat De Soto on the road and hope for Paola to drop two games to have a chance to claim the league title.
  • Record: 11-6
  • Next Up: 6 p.m. Feb. 15 at home, against Ottawa (Senior Night)
  • Date: 6 p.m. Feb. 5
  • Opponent: Eudora
  • Result: 30-28 Eudora
  • Highlights: A 13-1 run in the fourth quarter allowed the Cardinals to come away with a 30-28 victory. Senior Kailyn Smith had 13 points for the Bulldogs.
  • Record: 11-5
  • Date: 6 p.m. Feb. 1 at Paola
  • Opponent: Paola
  • Result: 56-39 Paola
  • Highlights: The Panthers claimed the Frontier League lead with the victory over the Bulldogs. Sophomore Maddie Ogle lead the Bulldogs with 11 points.
  • Record: 11-4
  • Next Up: 6 p.m. Feb. 5, at home against Eudora

• Date: 6 p.m. Jan 29 at home
  • Opponent: De Soto
  • Result: 39-34 Baldwin
  • Highlights: The Bulldogs took the lead in the Frontier League standings with the win over De Soto. Junior Katie Jones had 14 points, including two three point field goals. Sophomore Maddie Ogle had eight points and four steals.
  • Record: 11-3

• Date: 5 p.m. Jan. 26, Top Gun Tournament (Wellsville, KS)
  • Opponent: Bonner Springs
  • Result: 41-40 Bonner Springs
  • Highlights: The Bulldogs fell in the championship of the Top Gun Tournament 41-40. The Bulldogs dropped an eight point lead going into the fourth quarter. Unlike on Day Two, the Bulldogs inability to convert free throws lead to their demise.
  • Record: 10-3
  • Date: 6:45 p.m. Jan. 24, Top Gun Tournament (Wellsville, KS)
  • Opponent: St. Mary’s
  • Result: 44-40 Baldwin
  • Highlights: On Day Two the Bulldogs defeated the St. Mary’s Bears 44-40 in the second round of the Top Gun Tournament. The Bulldogs sealed the victory with a eight of ten free throws. Senior Kailyn Smith lead the Bulldogs with 11 points. Junior Katie Jones was assigned to Bears star Clare Thomas who ‘was the best girl in the tournament’ according to Martin and held her to only 13 points. Thomas averages 21.5 points per game.
  • Record: 10-2

• Date: 6:30 p.m. Jan. 22, Top Gun Tournament (Wellsville, KS)
  • Opponent: Kansas City Christian
  • Result: 52-22 Baldwin
  • Highlights: The Bulldogs cruised passed the Panthers in the first round of the Top Gun Tournament. Junior Katie Jones had 15 points and 13 assist to record a double-double. Junior Hailey Cope and sophomore Maddie Ogle had nine points each.
  • Record: 9-2

• Date: 6 p.m. Jan 14, home
  • Opponent: Osawatomie
  • Result: 64-5 Baldwin
  • Highlights: The Bulldogs routed the Trojans 64-5 on route to a 59 point win.
  • Record: 8-2
  • Next Up: 6:30 p.m. Jan. 22 at Top Gun Tournament (Wellsville, KS) against Kansas City Christian (Blue Gym)

• Date: 6 p.m. Jan 11, home
  • Opponent: Spring Hill
  • Result: 46-33 Baldwin
  • Highlights: The Bulldogs rolled over the Broncos on King and Queen of Courts night. Seniors Kailyn Smith and Jessie Katzer scored 15 and 10 points respectively.
  • Record: 7-2
  • Date: 6 p.m. Jan 8 at Ottawa
  • Opponent: Ottawa
  • Result: 40-32 Baldwin
  • Highlights: Ottawa outscored the Bulldogs 12-0 in the 3rd quarter. But a 16-7 performance in the 4th quarter pushed the Bulldogs to victory over the Cyclones. Senior Katie Kehl led the Bulldogs with 10 points, while junior Katie Jones had nine.
  • Record: 6-2

• Date: 6 p.m. Jan. 4, home.
  • Opponent: Louisburg

Result: 44-31 Baldwin

• Highlights: After a close first half, the Bulldogs outscored the Wildcats 18-10 in the 4th quarter for the win. Senior Kailyn Smith lead the Bulldogs with 11 points, while sophomore Maddie Ogle gathered 10 points and 8 rebounds on the day.
  • Record: 5-2
  • Date: 6 p.m. Dec. 18 at Eudora
  • Opponent: Eudora
  • Result: 36-26
  • Highlights: After a scoreless second quarter, the Bulldogs ran away in the fourth quarter outscoring the Cardinals 11-5. Katie Jones and Kailyn Smith lead the Bulldogs with eight points.
  • Record: 4-2

• Date: 6 p.m. Dec. 11 at Baker University (Collins Gymnasium), against Paola
  • Opponent: Paola
  • Result: 42-37 Paola
  • Highlights: A 16-6 run in the fourth quarter helped the Lady Panthers rally past the Bulldogs. Junior Katie Jones had 16 points.
  • Record: 3-2

• Date: 6 p.m. Dec. 7 at Burlington against Louisburg (Bulldog-Wildcat Classic, 3rd Place game)
  • Opponent: Louisburg
  • Result: 56-49 Baldwin
  • Highlights: The Bulldogs and Panthers were tied 41-41 in the 3rd quarter before the Bulldogs pulled away in the 4th quarter. Junior Katie Jones had 14 points, while also gathering seven rebounds and three assist. Sophomore Maddie Ogle had nine points, while senior Kailyn Smith had eight. Senior Katie Kehl and junior Hailey Cope had seven points.
  • Record: 3-1

• Date: Dec. 5 at 6 p.m.
  • Opponent: #8 (KBCA) ranked Chanute
  • Result: 51-48 Chanute
  • Highlights: The Bulldogs could not overcome an 8-point deficit in the fourth quarter despite scoring 18 points. The Bulldogs were lead by junior Katie Jones who had 11 points. Senior Jessie Katzer recorded a 11 rebounds to lead the Bulldogs.
  • Record: 2-1
  • Date: Dec. 3 at 6 p.m.
  • Opponent: Anderson County
  • Result: 41-14 Baldwin
  • Highlights: The Bulldogs had ten scorers. Seniors Kailyn Smith and Callie Enick,  juniors Katie Jones and Hailey Cope, and sophomore Maddie Ogle scored six in the contest. Jones lead the team in assist with 11.
  • Record: 2-0
  • Date: Nov. 30 at 4 p.m.
  • Opponent: Jefferson County North
  • Result: 56-43 Baldwin
  • Highlights: Bulldogs recovered from 18-2 deficit in the first quarter. Senior Kailyn Smith and junior Katie Jones lead the Bulldogs with 18 and 13 points, respectively.
  • Record: 1-0